It's white just because.

Monday, November 23, 2009

With God All Things Are Possible

So today didn't particularly turn out to be a good day, but I praise God nonetheless for his goodness. Woke up at 12 plus and did my morning devotional after a very long time. I could feel God speaking to me and I immediately emailed my Pastor about this. She sent me a paper that she wrote some time ago, on the faith. It was an interesting read though it seemed very familiar. Anyway I still read it again.

I'm finally happy with my life at this point because I feel that I've passed another major obstacle, with the help of God, and my faith is once again renewed. As you may know, I've always wondered what Love, Joy and Peace truly was and how I can experience it. I urge my fellow Christian friends to seek this too, because it will definitely change your life for the better. True love is loving despite the other party not reciprocating the gesture; it's turning the other cheek; giving up your cloak and tunic. True joy is rejoicing and praising God despite whatever bad situation you may be in because you find joy in living and God. True peace is being free of worry even though everything might not fall in place, or turn out the way you thought it would be.

Today I was supposed to have a drum recording session in school, but I had to go all the way to Turf City before that for a half hour lesson. Dragging my 10kg cymbal bag and another bag with my sticks, file, cymbal stand and clamps and books, I took a cab all the way there - only to end up waiting for nothing. Also Tera, who was supposed to help me with my recording, told me he was sick. I didn't want to make my trip for naught, so I went anyway. Set up and did everything myself, recorded a few not-so-great takes and packed everything myself. It wasn't as productive as it was supposed to be, but I guess it's better than nothing. I can now edit it and probably dub over parts I need to change in the comfort of my own home.

Perhaps the greatest challenge in life is contentment and control. So many people are motivated by money, passion, and material things that they end up so unhappy, upset and blinded by it. Don't let the flesh and earthly riches control you, because they rob your soul of true happiness.

A little boy found a lamp one day in his garden, he rubbed it and out came a genie. As usual, the genie said he could grant the boy 3 wishes. The boy lived in a poor neighborhood and he always dreamed that one day he could be rich. So for his first wish, he asked for a million dollars. The genie granted him his wish and in his garden, appeared stacks of legal tender bills.


The boy was happy, but he remembered something. He had made a pact with his best friend that whoever became rich first would share their wealth with the other person. So the boy honored his promise and wished his friend 1 million dollars too. The genie granted him his wish.


The boy felt satisfied because now the both of them could have as many toys as they wanted. He had one more wish but he didn't know what to wish for. He remembered his mother telling him once about all the poor people around the world not having enough food to eat and how some of them couldn't even afford to go to school or to see the doctor when they were sick. So since he had one more wish, he decided to wish that everyone in the world have 1 million dollars. The genie granted him his wish and immediately every house on that street began to be flooded by bills. The boy thought he was doing everyone a favor so he went back in and watched TV.


When he turned on the TV, he switched to the news segment to see what the world thought about his good deed. But instead of seeing that everyone was happy, it was chaos. People started going out and buying things and people were rioting and looting because there were not enough real goods to sell to people. Many stores closed because the owners didn't have a need for money anymore. Those that remained opened increased their prices by almost hundredfold because everyone had so much money that it was no longer valuable. The stock market began to crash as currencies inflated and people began to rob and loot as money could no longer buy them what they wanted. People began fighting and killing each other in order to obtain the money that were strewn all over the ground. The world was in chaos.


The value of something increases only when it is scarce. Control it's supply and you control it's value. Create a demand for it and control the supply and people will work their lives off in order to obtain it. That's how you control people; that's how you control nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment