It's white just because.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

How Long's It Been?

So I'm finally back from Tekong. After 2 weeks of confinement. Wasn't as bad as I expected but a lot of things have changed, since I've had a lot of time to think during the 2 weeks. No doubt I still dread being enslaved to the government, but it seems a lot of the brainwashing as gotten to me. I'm just glad God has been there with me every step of the way. Life just isn't that easy to live.

It's easy when our lives are planned out for us. Play group, to nursery, to kindergarten, and so on. When we were young we often never had to make any tough decisions for ourselves. The mindset is that if you just do what you're told to do, everything will be fine. It's how most of us were brought up. For some of us, we never had a problem with that. We just do things people tell us to do, and hope for the best.

But some of us don't like being told what to do. We go against social norms; fight and question everything we're being told to do. Society often frowns upon these behavior and label them as "anti-social" because questioning authority is considered detrimental to society's progress. We grow up always trying to stray from the path of the norm, trying to make a life of our own. But it seems the reins of money and politics are being noosed around our necks so tightly that any attempt to stray too far from it will result in death, to our livelihood and survival.

Is that fair? I think not. But yet, what is a man to do when everyone around him, including his loved ones, constantly fill his minds with thoughts that it's something he "has to do" or that "it's (your) duty"? Are you God that you shall decide what I should do with my life? Or that enslavement and absolute control over a person's freedom is considered duty? How is that reasonable? Freedom for better food, and living conditions? Making the rooms brighter doesn't make it any less of a prison cell.

But being confined has actually resulted in some good. In terms of discipline, spiritual walk, and life direction. Things have become a little clearer, in some sense. My spiritual walk with God has strengthened a little bit, because I now depend more on Him to carry me through the various trials and problems I face in my life. Also I've done a little thinking about my future, and relationship with people. Especially those I really care about. So I can't say nothing good has come out of it. God always uses our lives for his benefit. I pray that He uses me as a light to my bunk mates that I might be a faithful servant in all my words and actions.

Life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment