It's white just because.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Detachment

It seems everything has changed once again. I've looked back, and reminisced. If I could, I would go back exactly one year ago in my life but as who I am right now. Things would be very different. But I guess there's no point regretting so I'm trying my best to move on. Things in my life has changed once again, and now I feel lonelier than ever. But I'm kinda used to it. I gained friends and grew too attached to this whole friendship thing I became weak. Learning to detach myself from people is going to be a tough process, but it's only for the better.

They say no man's an island and I agree. What we should be is independent and interdependent, but what most of us are are dependent or co-dependent. It takes a lot to cut off my emotions from everyone around me but I have to do it if I don't want to feel this way anymore. It's killing me slowly on the inside. Perhaps the secret to experiencing Joy is to remove emotions from the picture, only then will you be able to be happy in every situation; only then will you be truly able to experience Joy in God.

The answer has always been in my face all this while, but I took so long to realize this. I will be there for my friends and enjoy my company, but the moment they leave me I won't grow emotionally attached to them and move on. This is reality, and reality is always sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment