It's white just because.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Life is Actually Pretty Fun...

So POD 2 is done, now I have to rush my POD 1 to send to Erica (gasp!) and Arranging Assignment (gasp! x 2). I need to buck up seriously. Missed REMT class today, pretty bummed out. I wanted to show Geoff my POD 2. Oh well, I'll just prepare myself for the criticisms during the presentation. Work aside, I've been enjoying life quite a bit with my good friend Si Hao.

But looking back I guess there are actually a lot more fruitful things that I could be doing - like reading, doing my work and doing my devotion/ meditation. There's been a lot on my mind recently and partying kind of just blocks them out for a while. It's fun, but very tiring.

So my question of the day: Is beauty and goodness subjective or objective? I've wrestled with this question and finally got my answer but I'm not going to share my views on this now. I'm a universalist (in a very loose sense), my beliefs and knowledge are mostly based on the existence of Truth. Subjectivists to me are people who don't want to take responsibility for anything, and most subjectivists are not consistent people too - which leads me to question their credibility most of the time.

It's good to sometimes just sit down in a quiet place and think, few people have the patience to do that now. How I wish I were living in Ancient Greek.

2 comments:

  1. I like to read about what you wrote... you are very honest about your thoughts... but becareful there are some people out there can manupilate how you think and change your thinking. You must decide and know what is right for you.
    You are right in expressing that life is a struggle... like Paul's experience, we do what we hate and we do not do what is right... That why we need God's grace and mercy everyday of our life...
    Life is not a smooth sailing all the way... when we are high we can experience that God is with us.. but when we are low...we cannot experience God's presence..(because of our sin...God is away) but God is still there...He is waiting for us to come back to Him... always...he loves you...
    I cannot write as much as you... but hope you will keep writing your thoughts....I guess this is a way for expressing thought aloud...
    Nothing stay consistant... things changes and thoughts change too...whenever we discover new truth in God our perspective will change too...I guess this is growth... our mind is alive and growing... not dead and stale...
    That is why reading is good for the mind ( of course the right stuff is better)...not that we cannot read bad books. We can, but with an open mind and know what is good and right...Our minds are like lakes. If there is no flowing in of new and fresh water the lakes will because stale... If our minds do not have new ideas and fresh knowledge ...we can because stale too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please add me into you blog.

    ReplyDelete