It's white just because.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sometimes We Just Have To Walk Away.

Life's a very funny thing. Sometimes opportunities stare at you right in the face but no matter how much you want to jump at it, you just can't. People always say "just go for it" but more often than not it's not easy like that. I guess every situation is different. But the problem is when the opportunity comes again and the time is not yet right, and you're running away but it chases you. But when the time is finally right to take the chance, the window is gone and you're left hanging, thinking about how you should have taken it when you had the chance and then regretting for the rest of your life.

Life's a very funny thing. We've been living for 19 years and many more to come (I hope) and yet no one has even come close to understanding what life or being alive truly means. Most don't care to think about such questions (choosing to live for the moment - the irony), most look in the wrong places and end up dying without any answers, the rare few come close to understanding it's meaning only to find out that it's impossible. Perhaps God hides it from us for a reason, the systematic complexity of life is enough proof that the universe could not have been created out of nothing.

Speaking about God, it seems I've been ignoring him for quite a while now. Perhaps it really is time to just cool down and have some quiet time. The party life is sucking my soul away one late night at a time, and it's literally killing me. I can see that life without God will never turn out good, it's something I understand but somehow the flesh just rejects his goodness. It's sad that the flesh and the spirit will always be at war until the day we die. Is there anyway to reconcile the body, soul and spirit? Or are we doomed to fight an inner battle every day of our lives? The body desires earthly pleasures; the soul, intellectual pleasures; and the spirit, emotional pleasures. I guess restrain is key here to a happy life, or perhaps transcendence would be healthier. I've overcame many demons in the past and for every one I've killed, another has risen up stronger to drag me down.

Who can tell me what life is?

No comments:

Post a Comment